How to Make Inexpensive Natural Washing Detergent That Really Works
This very simple recipe will show you how to make inexpensive natural washing detergent that really works, using your favourite natural soap. It is best to use traditional Savon de Marseille (Marseille soap), natural or lavender variety, although you can experiment with other natural soaps…
- Grate 50g of your preferred soap into an old detergent bottle or container with a capacity of around 2 litres
- Then pour a litre of boiled water into the bottle or container, and shake vigorously until it is well mixed and smooth
- We recommend that you add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to scent the mixture if you have used natural soap
- If you used the lavender soap, we recommend you still add a little lavender essential oil
NOTE: You need to shake the container well before each use, that’s why a 2-litre container is best – it’s easier.
* If your laundry is very dirty, add a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda.
** For whites you can add lemon juice or white vinegar where the softener goes in your washing machine.
So now you know how to make inexpensive natural washing detergent that really works. It’s a simple recipe that’s both ecological and economical. How easy is that? The bonus, of course, is that it really does work well on your dirty laundry.
I hope this article encourages you to give it a try. If you have any comments, please leave them below and don’t forget, we’d really appreciate it if you would share this article with your family and friends, using the buttons below.