What is French Milled Soap?
The French Triple Milled Soap Definition
French milled soap has been around for centuries. It is a perfect example of the best in luxury soaps and bath products that are becoming a booming industry once again. Also known as French triple milled soap, the process involves a unique manufacturing method that was invented by traditional French soap makers, as far back as the 1700s.
You may be asking what does that all mean exactly? Many people wonder what precisely is involved in the making French triple milled soaps? Well, as always, I am here to tell you!
French Triple-Milled Soap Manufacture
- Traditional French artisans manufacture the soap by combining a fatty acid, like fat or oil, with soda.
- They mix these ingredients together, which causes a natural chemical reaction known as ‘saponification’ – turning into soap.
- The soap is then allowed to dry, forming crystals.
- The soap-makers then add natural colours and essential oils to these crystals, giving them unique properties.
- They then pass the soap mixture through high-pressure rollers.
- The soap-maker repeats this process a minimum of three times, hence the name French triple milled soap.
- They then press the resulting soap paste into the desired soap moulds.
What are the Benefits of using French Triple Milled Soap?
You now have a better understanding of the traditional manufacturing process of French-milled soap, but why it is so beneficial to use compared to regular soap. By definition, a Triple-Milled soap is a top quality soap and here are the main benefits from this particular process:
- The soap will have no impurities
- It is smoother than regular soap.
- It is more creamy and luxurious than other soap.
- The soap is denser and will last many times longer than regular soaps.
- Each bar will be consistent in colour, fragrance and texture
So there you have it, a brief outline explaining what French Triple-milled soap is. I hope you gained some value from this article and it serves to convince you of the benefit of replacing your regular soap and shower gels with authentic, natural French milled soap.
Et Toi? (and you?)
Are hearing about French Triple-milled soap for the first time? Have you already tried it? Did you buy it on vacation in France? Do you see/feel a difference? I would love to hear your comments so please leave them below and if this article was interesting to you, don’t keep it to yourself! Please share it with your family and friends, using the button below. I really appreciate your help!